If you’re heading to Las Vegas for EXPCON 2022 on October 11-14 and want to explore all the goodies Vegas has to offer, here are five things you can do in one of the world’s most action-packed playgrounds.
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino will be the headquarters hotel for EXPCON 2022, so come early, stay late and get ready. Because even the world’s best agents can’t think real estate 24/7, can we?
Here are some of Las Vegas’ best sites and entertainment offerings on and off the Strip:
High Roller Las Vegas Strip Observation Wheel & Zipline
The best way to introduce yourself to the Vegas Strip is to … rise way above it!
Located at the LINQ Promenade, The High Roller Observation Wheel will lift you 550 feet into the air above downtown. Go during the day, go at cocktail hour, go at night: This is a scene-setter for your Vegas stay.
From Mandalay Bay Resort, the best way to get to the High Roller Wheel is by the monorail. Head to the monorail stop at the nearby MGM Grand, then ride three stops to the Harrah’s LINQ station.
In addition to the High Roller Wheel, the LINQ Promenade also sports a thrilling Fly-LINQ zipline where riders launch from a 12-story tower and zip 1,121 feet from Las Vegas Boulevard, down The LINQ Promenade and finish at the High Roller at speeds up to 35 mph.
Step off the Las Vegas Strip and its carnival of hotels, casinos, restaurants and entertainment and make a visit to the amazing Hoover Dam, because it is pretty amazing.
Located just 37 miles southeast of Vegas, this Depression-era engineering masterpiece on the Colorado River is a mind-bending testament to massive construction under harsh elements.
No car? Don’t let that stop you. Plenty of tour guides will take you there, including Gray Line Las Vegas that adds a stop at Lake Mead for a half-day trip, plus a photo op stop at the famous “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign.
The dam site is open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Tours of the dam and power plant are available for purchase at the site. It truly is a sight to see and will leave a lasting impression.
Cirque du Soleil
Best In Show: If you’ve never seen Cirque du Soleil, it’s time.
The world-renowned company uses a powerhouse cast of dancers, singers, musicians and champion-caliber acrobats to deliver one of the most thrilling shows you’ll ever see.
But the best part is there are six different Las Vegas shows to choose from and one is even at the Mandalay Bay Resort!
- Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. “Hailed by Rolling Stone as “A virtual parade of ‘wow’ moments,” Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil is an electrifying fusion of acrobatics, dance and visuals immersing the audience into the world of Michael’s music.” Tickets starting at $69.
- Mad Apple at New York New York Hotel & Casino. This is a brand-new Cirque show described as a “delicious Cirque du Soleil cocktail of high-flying acrobatics, music, dance, comedy, and magic celebrating the city that never sleeps.” Tickets starting at $59.
- The Beatles LOVE only at The Mirage Hotel and Casino. “Set to an iconic soundtrack, The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil is a multi-sensory journey. This theatre-in-the-round technological and psychedelic spectacle continues to be one of the most celebrated shows in the world.” Tickets starting at $69.
- KÀ at MGM Grand. “The unprecedented, gravity-defying production takes adventure to an all-new level. Be awed by the dynamic theatrical landscape, as an entire empire appears on the colossal stage with captivating aerial acrobatics.” Tickets starting at $69.”
- Mystère at Treasure Island. “Mystère is the original must-see Cirque du Soleil production that combines high-energy acrobatics and dramatic dance, set to the thunderous rhythms of the Taiko drums.” Tickets starting at $75.
- “O” at Bellagio Hotel & Casino. “This theatrical romance is a timeless production that weaves an aquatic tapestry of artistry and surrealism inspired by the concept of infinity and the elegance of water’s pure form.” Tickets starting at $79.”
Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens & Fountains
Las Vegas hotels are out of this world, but with awe-inspiring gardens and a conservatory, the Bellagio really takes the prize. More than 14,000 square feet of floral bliss tended by more than 120 horticulturists makes for a heaven-on-earth experience.
During EXPCON 2002 in mid October, the exhibit at Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens will be the Harvest Show.
Plus, the Bellagio is also famous for its sensational Bellagio Fountains. Choreographed water, lights and music shows take place all day at 30-minute intervals. From 8 p.m. until midnight, it’s every 15 minutes. You can’t miss it!
Mandalay Bay Beach
As home base for EXPCON 2022, Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino is a world unto itself. Would it be so bad to hang out at your resort? No!
Pools! With a wave pool at the Mandalay Beach Club, plus a lazy river and several other pools, Mandalay Bay is a waterpark for all ages. For adults only, book a spot at the Moorea Beach Club. Here’s all the information about booking cabanas or poolside dining options at Mandalay Bay.
The resort has plenty of other entertainment options, including Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil and the Shark Reef Aquarium.
If you plan on arriving early for EXPCON 2022, Mary J. Blige will appear October 8 at the Michelob Ultra Arena at Mandalay Bay.
Welcome to Vegas, baby!
Interested in jump-starting your real estate career? Learn how eXp Realty puts agents first.