Gabe Mendez was drawn to eXp Realty for its international footprint and borderless brokerage. He also felt eXp’s collaborative spirit and financial opportunities were so impressive that the San Diego broker moved his 60+ agent team to eXp in August 2022.
“To my friends in the real estate industry, this is our opportunity to work together,” said Gabe of the move. “Broker-owners, team leaders and solo agents this is our time to unite and work together.”
The Gabe Mendez Team closed $60,000,000 worth of sales on 101 sides in 2021 and so far this year, his team has $40 million in closed sales on 80 units.
Subprime Lending Incident Spurred Gabe to Become a Realtor
Nothing quite sears into one’s memory than watching your mother struggle as a result of being a subprime lending crisis victim. Gabe was just a teenager, but it was painful to watch his mom’s embarrassment, losing their house in 2008. It was his motivation to enter real estate himself in 2013, to make sure no one finds themselves in a similar situation.
“I quickly got my real estate license, and vowed to advocate for low-income families. I would be the guy to protect all the moms so this wouldn’t happen to anyone else,” wrote Gabe via his Instagram page.
“Looking back, I don’t know how my Mom carried the weight of having a mortgage payment she couldn’t afford, and watching the sheriffs knock on the door, knowing she was going to have to figure something out with 2 kids. Even thinking about it now breaks my heart.”
Mendez started his career with Coldwell Banker West, learning the fundamentals of real estate before moving onto a boutique brokerage. There, he learned the power of a smaller, tighter team.
But, after 10 months of research and deliberation, he realized his team needed to grow globally.
“Our real estate community needs help now more than ever and we have marketing, selling, procedures and systems in place to empower their businesses,” wrote Gabe. “We’re now part of the @thewinnerscircle.exp. We can now help YOU buy, sell and invest in all 50 states and 23 countries across the globe!”
Learn More About Gabe Mendez:
Real estate specialties: Residential first-time homebuyer and seller.
- eXp Realty (August 2022 – Present)
- Century 21 (July 2018 – 2022)
- Coldwell Banker (Dec. 2013 – 2017)
Gabe Mendez Key Stats:
- Production in 2021: $60,000,000 closed sales on 101 sides
- Production for the past 12 months: $40 million closed sales on 80 units.
- Century 21 awards:
- Double Centurion (2020)
- Grand Centurion
- No. 1 on social media in San Diego per Property Spark
- No. 50 in nation via NAHREP
- Top 1% in San Diego (San Diego Association of Realtors)
- Rising Star (San Diego Real Producers magazine)
- Co-founder of San Diego Lowrider Gospel Fest
- Dances bachata
- Regional champion in Toastmasters
- Competed in Mr. San Diego
- Husband to Cherish Alexis and father to Haylee and Elliot-Skye.